For the second time today I’d like to thank Lu-Lu’s Rants & Reads for a nomination.
For the uninitiated, The Rules:
- Link and thank the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator gives you
- Tag 11 other bloggers who have 200 or less followers
- Ask the 11 nominated bloggers 11 questions and tell them you’ve nominated them
Now for The Questions (dun dun dunnnn):
- Do you have a favourite reading spot? If so, where at and why? I think I’m one of those lucky people who can read anywhere, people at work even call me ‘the walking library’ as I tend to walk and read at the same time, however my favourite spot has to be a sofa in my house that is right next to my bookshelf. It’s perfect for me, it has a lamp and a place to put my mug of tea, there’s a throw in case I get chilly and plenty of cushions for me to cuddle up to if the book is scary or emotional…It’s perfect. Here’s a photo.
- If you had a chance to meet an author right now, who would it be? Without any hesitation it would be JK Rowling. I have so much to thank her for, but I’d just love to sit and have a cup of tea with her. She’s a pretty amazing lady and I’m yet to read something of hers and dislike it.
- Which book is the most worn out on your bookshelf? It’s a copy of ‘Ballet Shoes’ by Noel Streatfield. I’ve had to cello tape the spine back together and some of the pages are loose, but I’ll never get rid of it.
- Hardback or paperback? For practical reasons I find paperbacks easier to carry round and read on my daily commute, however I’d always like a Hardback copy of an author’s work I love.
- What is the worst book you’ve read in the past month? That’s a tough one, I’d have to say it was probably ‘Paper Towns’ by John Green, I just felt it was quite convoluted and the ending was incredibly boring.
- If you could be best friends with any fictional character, who would it be? This is a really tough question but I think it would be between Matilda or Harry Potter, they may be cliché but they’re the people I feel closest to in the literary world, I feel as though I shared my childhood and teenage years with them.
- About how many books do you currently own? How many have you actually read? I’d say I currently own around 200 books and I’ve read about 80 of them.
- If you could be any character, who would it be? (I know, this is a repeat but this is a good question!) It may seem like a silly one but probably Bridget Jones (minus all the smoking, drinking and binge eating) and the reason is because she never lets anything get her down too much. She has plenty of occasions where she could just give up, but she doesn’t, and I admire that most about her. Or, I’d be Hermione Granger.
- What genre do you read the most? I don’t really have a favourite genre to be honest, I will read almost anything if it piques my interest and is recommended to me.
- What’s your favourite part of going to a bookstore? Looking at all the new titles, staff picks, trying to search out an obscure title from my growing list of books to read. I also like the smell and familiarity I feel whenever I go into the bookstore, it feels like I’m amongst like minded people, and no one is judging me for taking a good hour to look around, feel the books, smell the books…It’s a nice feeling.
- What are you currently reading? I have a lot of books on the go at the moment. I’m reading ‘Wishes and Sorrows’ by Cindy Lynn Speer, ‘Possession’ by A.S. Byatt, ‘The Penguin Book of Witches’ by Katherine Howe and ‘World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War’ by Max Brooks.
Here are the questions for the blogs that I choose:
- If you could only bring 3 books with you to a deserted island, what would they be?
- If you could be any character, who would it be?
- How many books have you read this year, thus far?
- What was your favourite childhood book and why?
- What’s the best book you have read this month?
- Is there a book you hated when you were younger, but love now?
- What is your favourite book to screen adaptation and why?
- If you could have a drink with three authors, living or dead, who would you choose and why?
- Which fictional characters death has upset you the most?
- What’s your favourite genre of book?
- What are you currently reading?
Those are the questions folks! Now, I am only choosing five bloggers (apologies if you have over 200 followers)…so here are my choices:
I look forward to reading your replies, until next time.